The Scott Flying Squirrel was a motorcycle made by The Scott Motorcycle Company between 1926 and the outbreak of World War II.
With its optional full-frame gas tank, a nod to the works racers of the day, the Super Squirrel was launched at the 1925 Olympia Show, followed in 1926 by the Flying Squirrel. Subsequent improvements included the addition of a duplex frame, bigger brakes, and magneto power. By the 1930s, the Flying Squirrel took on more of a touring role, being further updated with detachable cylinder head, Brampton forks and a foot-change gearbox. Efforts were made to develop three-cylinder models but they came to naught.
Production ceased during WWII and did not resume until 1946 with the relaunching of the Flying Squirrel. However, only a few years later, in 1950, the company ran aground financially. By 1956 there was renewed hope when Matt Holder bought the Scott rights. He added a new plunger rear suspension, twin front brakes and telescopic forks to the original design. However, the committed effort to revive the Scott brand faded away in the late 1960s.